Privacy by Design
Learn how to implement privacy into healthcare technologies by design & default (as is mandated by the General Data Protection Regulation). Enabling you to develop digital health solutions that comply with GDPR best practices.
Data Protection Impact Assessments
Know how to conduct robust Data Protection Impact Assessments, within the context of healthcare technology, to help ensure that your health tech solutions are fully GDPR compliant.
10 Data Security Standards
Understand what you need to do in order to ensure that the National Data Guardians 10 Data Security Standards are effectively implemented into health tech solutions.
Information Asset & Risk Management
Acquire the knowledge and skills you need to proactively manage information assets and risks in the context of NHS best practice standards like the Data Security & Protection Toolkit.
IG Smart Ltd.’s Simplifying Data Privacy & Security for Healthcare Technology Seminar is designed for anyone with responsibilities for designing, developing, delivering or managing healthcare technology solutions that process identifiable patient data, including:
- Healthcare Leaders (SIROs, CIOs, CISOs, CCIOs, Caldicott Guardians etc)
- Healthcare Tech Company & Start-up Leaders
- Healthcare Information Governance & Security Managers & Officers
- Healthcare Data Protection Officers
- Healthcare Tech Programme & Project Managers
- Healthcare IT Managers & Information Analysts
- Aspiring Healthcare/Healthcare Tech Professionals & Product Developers
- Real-world case studies and anecdotal stories (from a variety of healthcare settings and range of technological solutions and innovations).
- Simplified practical GDPR and NHS Information Governance compliance advice and tips (tried and tested across the entire UK health/tech sector – and beyond (for example, IG Smart Ltd led the GDPR compliance implementation programme for Nectar – the UK’s largest consumer database, and is currently working on numerous GDPR compliance projects for large global enterprises, small businesses, startups and charities).
- Opportunities to find answers to your own burning questions (under Chatham House Rules) during Q&A.
- IG Smart Ltd.’s pragmatic approach to Information Governance, Cybersecurity and Data Protection is trusted by leading healthcare organisations (including Department of Health and NHS England), world-renowned healthcare research & academic institutions (including University College London and Liverpool John Moores University).
- We have worked with tech firms that are spearheading digital health innovations (including Google/Verily, Microsoft, SAS, Medicalchain and Cognetivity)…to name but a few.
- The Seminar will be led by IG Smart Ltd.’s Managing Director and Principal Consultant, Michael Abtar, whose advice on the subjects of Information Governance & Data Protection is sought at an international level and opinions are frequently published.
- We are proud recipients of the UK Enterprise Award for Best Cybersecurity Consultancy Firm 2019, and stand at the forefront of Cybersecurity, Data Protection and Information Governance thought-leadership.
IG SMART LTD.’s Managing Director and Principal Consultant, Michael Abtar will lead the seminar. Michael has worked as an Information Governance consultant in complex health and social care environs for over 12 years. His knowledge of the interfaces between EU & UK Data Protection law, NHS Policy and healthcare technology is respected at both a national and international level.
He is the author of NHS England’s Privacy by Design Framework and frequent keynote speaker/moderator at international data protection conferences – often sharing the stage with leaders from the world of data protection like the UN’s Special Rapporteur for Privacy, Joseph Cannatacithe, the UK Information Commissioner Elizabeth Denham and Head of Enforcement Steve Eckersley and tech giants like Google’s Vice President, Engineering, Yossi Matias, Facebook’s Global Data Strategist, Dr. Dan Hayden and Microsoft Regional Directors of Corporate Affairs.
He is also the former Chair of the NHS London Freedom of Information Forum, Co-Chair of NHS London’s Information Governance Forum, and Senior Advisor to NHS England’s Chief Data Officer, Head of Information Governance and Data Sharing & Privacy Unit.
*Early Bird & Public Sector Discounts Available!
|Simplifying Data Privacy & Security for Healthcare Tech Seminar||0.5 day||26th Nov 2019||St. Joseph's Hospice, London E8 4SA||£195 ex VAT - Early Bird||Book Now|
Learn all about the General Data Protection Regulation, including GDPR Rights, Data Controller and Processors Responsibilities…Learn more.
Officer that are mandated by the GDPR…