Your Data Protection Officer Training Course’s Key Learning Outcomes
By the end of your 2.5-Day Data Protection Officer Training Course you will learn:
- What you are legally obliged to do as a Data Protection Officer.
- What data controllers and processors are legally obliged to do.
- How to effectively discharge all the tasks of the Data Protection Officer (DPO roles) that are mandated by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) and UK Data Protection Act 2018 (UK GDPR), which are, essentially to:
- inform and advise the controller or the processor and the employees who carry out processing of their legal [data protection] obligations;
- monitor compliance with…[all applicable data protection laws] and with the policies of the controller or processor in relation to the protection of personal data, including the assignment of responsibilities, awareness-raising and training of staff involved in processing operations, and the related audits;
- provide advice where requested as regards the data protection impact assessment and monitor its performance;
- cooperate and act as a contact point with the supervisory authority [e.g., the UK Information Commissioners Office], consulting them whenever a DPIA identifies high risks that cannot be mitigated.
Learn what tasks are mandated for Data Protection Officers by the GDPR and how to effectively perform them, so that you can discharge your responsibilities as a DPO and provide advice with confidence.
DPO Case Studies
Gain detailed insights into how experienced DPOs apply GDPR compliance best practices, using real-world scenarios from a variety of industries, sectors and legal jurisdictions.
Understand the requirements of the GDPR in detail, including Data Controller and Processor Obligations, Privacy by design and default and Data Protection Impact Assessments.
GDPR Best Practice
Know how to effectively implement organisational, people-based and technological best practice controls to ensure GDPR compliance and mitigate GDPR risks.
IG Smart Ltd.’s DPO training course online is designed for anyone that either currently does or wishes in future to fulfil the role of Data Protection Officer within any organisation.
Key DPO Course Benefits
IG-Smart Ltd’s 2.5 -Day DPO training course will provide you in-depth insights into how GDPR compliance rights, roles, responsibilities and risks can be effectively managed by Data Protection Officers in practice, based upon anonymised real-world scenarios.
The topics that will be covered include (but will not be limited to):
- Conducting robust GDPR gap analysis
- Mapping Data Flows
- Conducting robust Legitimate Interest Assessments
- Developing Records of Processing Activity
- Conducting Robust Data Protection Impact Assessments
- Identifying GDPR compliance risks
- Identifying appropriate organisational & technological controls
- Managing GDPR compliance risks
- Data Protection by Design & by Default
- Managing Rights Requests (eg DSARs and erasure requests)
- Responding to & Managing Data Breaches
- Auditing & Monitoring GDPR compliance
- Third Party Processor Due Diligence
- Standard Contractual Clauses & Third Country Data Processing
As well as gaining a deep understanding of DPO and GDPR responsibilities GDPR rights and risks, and GDPR compliance best practices, you will benefit from working through real-world case studies and learning from IG-Smart Ltd’s Principal Consultant, Michael Abtar, whom is a lawyer by background and globally recognised data protection practitioner.
- Michael will share some of his experiences gained from having trained Data Protection Officers for organisations like the Crown Office & Procurator Fiscal Service, Doosan Babcock and Capgemini, and supervised and led the GDPR Compliance Implementation Programmes for Nectar (the largest consumer database in the UK), AIMIA ILS (owners of a global database of over 100 million consumers)…and many more international and UK based data protection, cyber security and privacy programmes for organisation like UCL, Yell Ltd, NHS England and the Department of Health, as well as for hundreds of small businesses and charities.
- You will complete IG-Smart Ltd’s Data Protection Officer training course with a clear understanding of skills and qualities required to discharge the GDPR mandated tasks of a Data Protection Officer, effectively and confidently.
There are no prerequisites for this DPO training course.
The Data Protection Officer course lasts for 2.5 days.
Key Data Protection Officer Skills You Will Learn
Key Data Protection Officer Skills You Will Learn include (but are not limited to):
- How to apply the EU GDPR and UK GDPR Principals in a wide variety of practical scenarios and settings, using real-world case studies.
- How and when to conduct comprehensive Data Protection Impact Assessments.
- How to proactively identify and manage reasonably foreseeable GDPR compliance, data privacy, or confidentiality risks.
- How to maintain a robust Record of Processing Activity (ROPA) and use the ROPA to assess and monitor an organisations data protection and risks.
- How to undertake robust third-party processor (supplier/vendor) data protection due diligence.
- How to ensure that Intragroup Transfer, Data Sharing, and Data Processing Agreements are EU GDPR and UK GDPR compliant.
- How to respond to complex Data Subject Access Requests.
Key DPO Templates You Will Receive
As well as, engaging an interactive Data Protection Officer training, you will receive the following comprehensive data protection and GDPR compliance templates and guidance:
- IG-Smart Ltd.’s Template Record of Processing Activity
- IG-Smart Ltd.’s Template Data Protection Impact Assessment
- IG-Smart Ltd.’s Template Data Subject Access Request Standard Operating Procedure
- IG-Smart Ltd.’s Template Standard Contractual Clauses and Data Processing Agreements
Information Governance Training
Know how to effectively govern information to ensure that it is, of optimised quality, always accessible to the right people at the right time, and kept secure…