ISO 27001 Certification Services & ISO 27001 Consulting Tailored To Your Business
What are the key benefits of ISO 27001 Certification?
ISO 27001 Certification is an excellent way to build client and internal and external key stakeholder confidence in your organisations ability to keep its data secure.
Knowing that your business is ISO 27001 certified helps enable your existing and prospective client base to rest-assured in the knowledge that you have the right organisational and technological controls in place to keep their data secure from constantly evolving threats. Giving them the confidence, they need to allow you to process their data to deliver your services and/or products.
Globally, a growing number of businesses are insisting upon all partners and suppliers in their eco-systems providing evidence of information security and risk management assurance in the form of ISO 27001 certification.
An added advantage of ISO 27001 certification is being able to provide regulators and data protection supervisory authorities with assurance that you follow international security best practices in a world where cyber-attacks are becoming more malicious and common will put you in good stead, if/when you suffer a data breach.
Achieve Your ISO 27001 Certification In Stages
Stage 1 – Building Your Robust ISO 27001 Information Security Management System (ISMS)
Our Lead ISO 27001 Implementors support you during Stage 1 of the ISO 27001 implementation process, by conducting a detailed ISO 27001 Gap Analysis, developing a Corrective and Preventative Action Plan (CPAP) to address any major and minor non-conformities that may impact your organisations ISO 27001 certification. Working closely with your organisation to implement the CPAP. Using ISO 27001 Checklists to ensure your organisations ISMS is ready for ISO 27001 Certification assessment. Stage 1 is ultimately, about putting the right people, processes, and technologies in place within your organisations ISO 27001 ISMS to prepare for ISO 27001 Certification:
- Ensuring that the internal and external people you have in place to manage the ISMS have the right competencies and that your staff are trained and aware.
- Making sure your organisation policies and standard operating procedures provide your employees with the instructions and information they need to keep your business data secure – throughout the lifecycle of your business and its data processing activities.
- Configuring your systems to operate securely and keep audit trails of activities that impact data confidentiality, availability, or integrity.
Stage 2 - Internal ISO 27001 Certification Audits & ISMS Management Reviews
Stage 3 – Independent External British Standards Institute ISO 27001 Audit
We will work closely with you and our partner, the British Standards Institute (BSI) to prepare you for your organisations initial independent ISO 27001 Audit, which will be led by one of the BSI’s Lead ISO 27001 Auditors. The initial ISO 27001 Audit will review your organisations conformity with the ISO 27001 standard and its implementation of the ISO 27002 controls.
You will receive a detailed ISO 27001 Auditors Report through an online portal, which will clearly describe any Major or Minor Non-Conformities with the ISO 27001 standard and ISO 27001 control framework that may be identified during the initial ISO 27001 Audit. The Report, will also specify the actions your organisation may need to take in order to address potential non-conformities.
IG-Smart Ltd’s ISO 27001 Lead Implementors will then, if necessary, work closely with your organisation to appropriately address any Major or Minor ISO 27001 Non-Conformities that may be highlighted in the ISO 27001 Auditors Report. Fully preparing your organisation for Stage 4 – the final independent BSI 27001 Audit.
Stage 4 - Final External ISO 27001 Audit & ISO 27001 Certification
ISO 27001 Certification FAQs
How must does ISO 27001 certification cost and how long does it take?
The cost of ISO 27001 certification and time that it takes to implement the standard very much depends upon the nature and size of your business and the complexity of its data processing activities and level of exposure to risk.
ISO 27001 cost examples (indicative)
- A small business, with 10-15 employees that processes very little personal data (and no sensitive data), from 1 office location may be able to effectively implement ISO 27001 for £10,000 to £15,000 and in 4 to 6 months.
- A medium sized business with 100 to 500 employees, that processes large volumes of personal data (some of which is sensitive, across 3 office locations may be able to effectively implement ISO 27001 for £75,000 to £125,000 and in 12 to 24 months.
- A large enterprise with 5,000 – 15,000 employees, that processes huge volumes of personal data and sensitive data, across 10 offices in 5 different countries may be able to effectively implement ISO 27001 for £150, 000 to £250,000 and in 24 to 36 months.
Avoid costly short cuts.
Taking short-cuts can be costly. If, for example, you attempt to undergo a formal independent ISO 27001 audit for certification purposes relying solely on templates (whether they were free, cheap, or otherwise) with limited evidence, you are likely to fail the audit and therefore have to pay to repeat the process all over again.
That being said, there are smart ways to limit the scope of an ISO 27001 implementation programme and pragmatic ways of implementing controls so as to reduce risks and costs.
It therefore pays to get the right advice, at the right time. As the saying goes, a stitch in time saves nine.
Speak to one of IG Smart’s ISO 27001 Consultants to discuss your organisation’s specific ISO 27001 Certification and ISO 27001 Consulting needs and gain an understanding about what the implementation process may look like for your business.